Buyer / Planner Performance:
- Responsibility for leading a technical team in achieving business and operational objectives.
- Implement and maintain a lean manufacturing system within the supply chain environment.
- Ensure non value-added activity is reduced in all related processes by using lean / kaizen tools and techniques.
- Take responsibility for supply chain costs and conformance with budgets and targets.
- Introduce new targets and KPI’s to measure performance.
- Negotiate with suppliers the best possible price for all materials ensuring compliance to required standard of quality.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Schedule production efficiently with Operations to achieve customer demand targets (OTD) and associated product mix.
- Entry and confirmation of orders in order management system planning and scheduling the optimum capacity of plant equipment
- Liaise with engineering department to assist with the introduction of new products and equipment.
- Support engineering to deliver yield, NPI and efficiency goals.
- Identify new manufacturing agents to improve throughput and increase tool life while driving down costs ensuring compliance to quality requirements.
- Prepare Project Status & relevant reports for Management reviews.
- Present, where appropriate, technical data to internal / external audit and inspection groups as required
- Liaise with the Stores department to ensure that production plans, material requirements are communicated effectively & efficiently.
- Comply with all relevant training requirements and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
- Ensure that supply chain personnel are aware of and adhere to all procedures and GMP requirements.
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Policies in accordance with best practice and legal requirement.
- Promote and uphold company performance standards and ideology (on time delivery, quality, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, housekeeping & work ethic).
- Manage, Motivate and Develop the Supply Chain Team.
- Provide technical leadership for supply chain personnel.
- Identify individual training needs.
- Implement, monitor and review training and development plans.
- Conduct and record annual performance appraisals.
- Develop harmonious inter-departmental working relationships within operations and other functions and ensure employees within supply chain have the necessary information and resources to effectively perform their jobs.
- Address any staff discipline or grievance issue, maintaining appropriate records in accordance with company procedures.
- Establish goals and objectives for self and team and implement accordingly to help support / improve job performance (experience, ability, competence).
- Comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain including Operations, Quality, Manufacturing etc.
- Medical device or regulated industry experience highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in problem solving processes and techniques.
- Analyse and proactively look for issues that may delay customer delivery.
- Ability to interface and communicate with different levels of the organisation. Includes ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to manage though influence.
- Be conversant and have a good working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma.
- Committed to driving a culture of Continuous Improvement.
- Well organised & disciplined, good attention to detail, sets priorities and manages time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g. coaching, motivating, conflict management).
- Customer focused environment
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Business systems and knowledge of impact to business
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional
- Minimum 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Experience with FDA and ISO quality system requirements – Preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Accredited Lean / Six Sigma qualification (Green Belt or Higher) – a distinct advantage.
- Excellent written, organization, and computer skills
- Experience in working with customers.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eloísa Ruiz on 021 4911066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org