Our client, a Global Medical Device Company are setting up their operations in Galway (startup) and are currently recruiting for Supply Chain Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Supply Chain Manager will lead and manage manufacturing, supply planning, purchasing, sourcing, production planning and customer operations activities that supports company’s key business objectives. This role requires excellent leadership skills and a high level of experience and knowledge of the end-to-end supply chain within the medical tech industry. The successful candidate will have significant sourcing and supplier management experience and strong planning capabilities.
- Lead key supply chain functions including purchasing, sourcing, supply planning, manufacturing, demand planning and customer order management.
- Ensure effective planning and purchasing of raw materials, components and sub-assemblies for internal manufacturing and for products produced at contract manufacturers.
- Responsible for end-to-end inventory management from receipt, to raw materials, work-in-progress and finished goods.
- Manage and maintain strategic vendor partnerships. Identify and select new or alternative supply partners as required.
- Identify cost savings and efficiencies across the supply base and develop and implement value improvement plans.
- Effectively manage warehouse operations (3PL) and inbound/outbound logistics.
- Responsible for the Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SI&OP) process.
- Be a strong leader with a pragmatic approach to getting the best out of a diverse global Supply Chain team.
- Collaborate effectively with other key functions including Engineering, R&D, Sales and with external partners.
- Third Level Degree in Business or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in supply chain roles in the Med Tech sector.
- Proven people management skills
- Significant experience in strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management.
- Excellent leadership, influencing, and organisational skills.
- Team player with strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse Supply Chain team
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.
planning, sourcing, buyer, planner, manufacturing, medical device, galway