Based with a Medical Devices organisation in Longford who have experienced considerable growth over the past couple of years, the Supply Chain Manager will oversee the Supply Chain Function of the business including Planning, Procurement and Logistics.
Reporting to the Plant Manager and directly managing 3 staff members, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is ambitious, strategically focused and has a passion for implementing new processes and efficiencies.
- Lead the planning, material, and warehouse team ensuring structure, processes, and goals aligned to achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual profit plan targets for sales, Customer OTD, and inventory within our business division.
- Develop and build a strong relationship with the planning, materials, and warehouse teams to strengthen cross-functional collaboration.
- Build and develop the skills of the planning, material, and warehouse teams through coaching, mentoring, and encouragement of self-learning to enable robustness and flexibility of the team to support the business
- Support the business with detailed analytical views on the demand to supply signals available. Ensuring good communication and presentation towards internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of procurement/sourcing/supplier contracts, with skills in defining commercial terms and contract negotiation.
- The ability to operate in a commercially savvy and highly intelligent environment, being credible and authoritative with senior stakeholders and legal experts
- Implement and lead and manage the S&OP roadmap for the business.
- Uses business trends and customer needs to create actionable goals that create competitive advantage.
- Streamlines existing ERP system procedures and creates roadmaps for the site to achieve >90% ERP Health.
- Coordinates documentation of new processes with systematic training incorporated to insure sustainable improvements.
- Performs Value Stream Mapping of key Materials Management processes, identifying and facilitating Continuous Improvement activities.
- Facilitates the creation of inventory management plans that are backed by process improvements to improve key inventory metrics.
- Leads the implementation of production plan adherence and other key Materials Management measures across the site
- Performs inventory and ABC item stratification analysis to achieve inventory targets while meeting availability goals.
- Responsible for delivery of short-term and long-term results in order to develop and maintain the organization’s credibility with the business and create opportunities for the function to add greater value to the business.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through active deployment and participation in removing waste from our supply chain processes.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree (Engineering, Supply Chain, Economics)
- 5+ years of experience and/or background with a manufacturing organisation
- Logistics management, Inventory management, Analytical mindset, Presentation Skills
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing, material flow and improvement strategies (e.g. ELS, continuous flow, cellular etc.) and the ability to integrate those into the operation.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton.