Our Client is a global leader and manufacturer of injection-molded products for the medical device, pharmaceutical, healthcare and industrial markets as well as consumer packaging. They are currently expanding their current team to meet customer demand and are seeking a Supply Chain Coordinator to join their Supply Chain team. This is a permanent position based in Co. Longford.
- Perform various customer service and administrative tasks, including handling order confirmations, dispatch notes, credit notes, invoices, and shipping documents. Be prepared for additional duties assigned by your manager.
- Uphold strict adherence to established Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Execute purchasing strategies as defined by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Assess the reliability of vendors and promptly address any issues related to purchased items.
- Procure materials in alignment with inventory targets.
- Monitor the status of orders, maintaining open communication and expediting when necessary.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Bill of Materials (BOM) associated with your products.
- Foster internal communication with different departments within the organization.
- Assist in the resolution of issues concerning damaged or subpar products, returns, invoice discrepancies, and similar matters.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and secure the most favorable pricing options.
- Cultivate strong and timely communication with suppliers, resolving issues as they arise.
- Collaborate with plant Management requestors to address urgent or expedited situations.
- Proactively anticipate and mitigate potential problems in the supply of materials.
- Collaborate with the management team to ensure the satisfaction of all assigned orders, reporting any back-ordered or missing products.
- Aid the Supply Chain Manager in maintaining inventory levels and materials on a regular basis.
- Ensure effective communication with the management team to guarantee order accuracy.
- Take charge of freight shipments when necessary.
- Oversee and execute cycle counting.
- Manage and negotiate all non-stock purchases.
- Define and track Purchasing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- A diploma or degree in business or a related field is preferred, but relevant knowledge and experience in this role will also be considered.
- Prior experience in purchasing, customer service, and/or inventory management is advantageous.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
For a confidential conversation please contact Niamh Cregg