We have an opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Manager within a global medical technology company in the Midlands.
Reporting to: Director you will be responsible for the commercial and tactical operational management of our partners to ensure product availability and stability of economics.
Major Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensure product availability from manufacturing partners to meet the our business need.
- Manage & partner with suppliers to develop business relationships that deliver effective operational control to agreed service levels.
- Manages and negotiates contractual terms as necessary with suppliers to assure long term stability of supply and cost effectiveness
- Plan, support and implement projects with suppliers and key internal company partner organizations to drive effective supply, cost control and timeline compliance.
- Detailed responsibilities:
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure stability of the supply chain, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual terms for assigned partners to ensure our business needs are met.
- Manage supplier pricing reviews and COGS reduction projects to drive reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Works with suppliers to reduce lead times and increase overall supply chain agility.
- Engage with Franchise team to support strategic projects including RFP/RFQ process for new and existing business programs with 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers achieve 98.5% weekly product availability through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, contracts, and periodic business reviews with suppliers.
- Engage & develop continuous supply chain improvement practices to support the continued focus on delivering improved value and service levels.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a 3rd party supply chain management environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- Management of annualized standard cost settings, pricing, & cost out programs.
- High understanding of Compliance requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)including validation requirements and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications/familiarity with contract terms and conditions, statements of work.
- Competent user of MS Office tools [Access, Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint].
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- For further information on this role pelase contact Gillian Nicholson at email@example.com or call me directly on 0906478104