- Reference: GJ43112
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Medical Devices
Responsible for Technical/Quality evaluation of suppliers for the supply of parts to Galway facility. Also responsible for ongoing Vendor management to ensure that all sourced parts conform to specification on an ongoing basis.
- Carry out Vendor Approval/Surveillance audits to ensure that suppliers are capable of meeting our quality requirements on a continuous basis
- Ensure that “First Articles” are carried out to verify that all parts meet their Dimensional and Functional requirements.
- Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis via regular contact, periodic audits and other methods to guarantee consistent high quality performance on an ongoing basis.
- Lead cross functional QIT’s to resolve Quality issues at suppliers.
- Participate in cross functional teams to review process improvements/ optimizations at suppliers through PFMEA’s and control plans.
- Complete validations, test reports and protocols.
- Provide technical support to Production, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering in the event of a supplier quality problem occurring on a component
- Continuously assess product Bill of Materials and supplier base to identify opportunities to further increase the local content while meeting/exceeding cost and quality targets
- Represent the Vendor Engineering function on SSI’s
- Represent the Vendor Engineering function on NPI’s.
- Participate in MRB teams.
- Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A suitable Engineering Degree Manufacturing, Mechanical, plastics/molding etc.
- Lead Auditor an advantage
- Strong personal initiative and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent “hands-on” technical skills
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole on 091-706713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!
- Christopher O'Toole
- Principal Consultant & Team Lead
- 091 706713
- Connect with ChristopherLinkedINEmail