Due to the continued expansion of our operations our client a Major MultiNational here in Galway we are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Supplier Quality Engineer.
The role will involve working with suppliers in one or more commodities and also provides the opportunity to be involved in supplier-related projects both at the site and across the global supplier quality management network. The role will look to maintain the required levels of quality, compliance, and service from our suppliers while also striving to encourage a continuous improvement culture in our supply base. The role will require an element of travel as part of supporting and working with our suppliers.
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality, and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in Commodity Management.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost, and Service.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability, and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition of products.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented, and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports, and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (level 8) in Engineering/Technology
- 4+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent with direct experience in a QA environment (preferably GMP regulated).
- Experience in the medical device industry is an advantage.
- Experience on an automated/high-volume line is an advantage.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney.
091 706 717