This role concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities in the organisation.
The ideal person –
- Technical team member on teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- You would be responsible for supporting the objectives of the team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports continuous improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, service capability and total cost of ownership throughout the supply chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate corrective actions are identified, implemented and controlled by suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
The Essentials –
- If you have a level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline and Supply Chain Project Management Experience, let’s have a chat.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!