Due to the continued expansion of operations, our client a Major Multinational here in Galway we are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Supplier Engineer - Injection Moulding
This role concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for the PRC (Plastics-Resins-Chemicals) commodity.
- Technical lead on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in Commodity Management.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Responsible for achieving business objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Service and Cost.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Drives Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues in conjunction with Supplier Quality Engineering as they arise. Works with Supplier Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition products.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Ensures that adequate technical Corrective Actions are identified, implemented, and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management System requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Identifies and Drives Material Value Improvement Projects (MVIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- An experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the fields of Plastics, Resins and chemicals manufacturing. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross-group dependencies/relationships.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Plans and organizes non-routine tasks. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
- Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- HETAC Level 8 qualification in a STEM subject, preferably with an Injection moulding background with toolmaking experience.
- Min. of 4-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong technical capabilities, communication skills, and organization skills.
- Demonstration of problem-solving, process improvements, and/or project management skillsets and applications.
- Proven ability to take initiative to drive improvement and change.
- Ability to travel to occasionally to supplier for the applicable meetings.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney.
091 706 717