Due to the continued expansion of operations, a 12-month contract position has arisen with a global medical device client in Galway who are looking to hire a Supplier Engineer II.
Supplier Engineer II concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities in the sustainability group. The Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the project technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain, driving supplier improvement programs, component transfers from one supplier to another and working with the commercial team to achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management of Acquisitions.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in risk management and remediation.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement, Design Assurance, R&D, & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection, design assurance, R&D & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
- Project management of key projects
The ideal Supplier Engineer looks like:
- 6 years’ work experience in Supplier Engineering role, project management or similiar field.
- HETAC Level 8 (NFQ 240-credits) degree required.
- Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices required to successfully integrate new acquisitions.
- Expereince of statistical analysis such as using MiniTab is desirable.
- Knowledge to scope, plan and execute risk review and successfully remediate risks highlighted as a result of the review process.
- Previous experience working on projects.
- General knowledge of complimentary industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Understanding of sampling plans.
- Strong customer support skills.
- Read and understand engineering points.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jessica Ryan,