An exciting opportunity for an experienced Supplier Engineer to join a leading Medical Device company based in Cork on a permanent contract.
The Supplier Engineering team are responsible for aspects of supplier selection. Our team plays a lead role in partnering with best in industry suppliers globally to provide materials, products, innovation, and services that drive competitive advantage for Boston Scientific.
The Supplier Engineering Team is also responsible for the technical leadership & support within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
The successful candidate will join our high-performing team and will be integral in ensuring our innovative products continue to positively impact patient lives.
This is a role that will challenge you but also offer significant personal development with advancement opportunities.
- Proactively identify and drive Materials Value Improvement Projects (MVIP’s) with suppliers at all Tiers in the supply chain. Takes into consideration the impact of design requirements on the supplier process and overall component cost impact.
- Use of Lean methodology and Continuous improvement tools to discover and assess cost reduction opportunities
- Assess value and financial impact for new business opportunities and value add engineering projects
- Manage and support the identification and development of new or existing supply sources with Global Sourcing colleagues. Collaborates with other BSC cross functional resources in identifying insourcing/outsourcing opportunities
- Interfaces with suppliers to understand component/material processes and technical considerations. Partners with key suppliers to create efficiencies and value.
- Drives Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality
- Procurement & Value Streams to resolve technical challenges.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Strong communicator with excellent problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated track record in Project Management Skills.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (Automotive, Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical).
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- Supply Chain Project Management Experience
- Teamwork & collaboration is a key competency for this role.
- Ideally experience of working in a regulated environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.