An exciting opportunity has opened up for an experienced Supplier Development Engineer to join a leading manufacturer of high-reliability electronic motor control solutions based in Ringaskiddy, Cork.
- Identify potential suppliers for new programs and back up for existing programs in advance of market and supplier changes
- Qualify and onboard chosen suppliers.
- Support Supplier Quality roles on approval/disapproval from the Approved Vendor List
- Manage supplier contractual compliance.
- Support the Design Engineering team selection of suppliers for new product
- Monitor, measure, and improve supplier performance:
- Manage Supplier Relationships:
- Drive cost reduction options with existing and new suppliers without compromising product performance or quality.
Key candidate requirements and qualifications:
- A Technical qualification in Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline
- At least 5 years proven experience in developing and managing suppliers in the electronics and/or aerospace industry
- Good knowledge of electronics and metal machining processes, associated quality methodologies with the ability to read, interpret, and evaluate drawings for machined and electronic components
- Experience with industry standards, such as ISO 9001, EN/AS9100, IPC-WHMA-A-620, and IPC-A-610/J-STD.
- Experience with FMEA/PFMEA or other risk analysis methods
- A Lean qualification with a record of Continuous Improvement is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kevin Griffin