Our client is looking for a successful candidate who can, Report directly to the Senior Manager, New Product Introduction Sourcing– the successful candidate will support procurement activities around contemporary best practices, sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the company Objectives. The successful Candidate will execute on strategy and provide overall coordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice.
The New Product Introduction Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for preparing requisite materials to support engagements with Suppliers, including; activities to identify and assess suppliers per category strategies and according to R&D development needs, managing Request for Quotation processes, and developing reports to assist in Supplier Management. In addition, the New Product Strategic Sourcing Specialist will help develop supplier’s capabilities and oversee the commercial relationship during the development process.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and analyse data for the preparation of engagements with Suppliers.
- Identify new suppliers for inclusion in sourcing engagements to support new product introductions.
- Manage requests for quotation or other sourcing processes as required.
- Ensure engagements with Suppliers are aligned to our Credo values.
- Establish close working relationships with other functions, in particular R&D, supplier quality, engineering and operations to drive improved Supplier performance.
- Establish proactive communication to the Planning Organization, manage supplier partnerships & contribute positively to the efficiency of Supply Chain prior to commercial launch and throughout ramp up period
- Ensure alignment to the strategic direction provided by the source leadership team Ensure Supplier Performance is adhered to against set Goals.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management processes Champion annual productivity improvements by leading internal & joint supplier teams pursuing cost reduction opportunities in alignment with sourcing strategy.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.) Conduct negotiations with Suppliers on assigned spend responsibilities.
- Prepare and execute Long Term Agreements, Affiliate Agreements, Vendor Managed Inventory Agreements, Non Disclosure Agreements etc, as required.
- Assist in managing supplier capabilities including but not limited to capacity planning, tooling and resource investments including inventory management Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities for categories or key business processes related to new product introduction. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing Analyze overall system capabilities in support of the supply chain Ensure training and compliance to relevant company procedures
Critical Success Factors
- Data Gathering, Analysis and Reporting
- Supplier Management
- Supplier Manufacturing Processes
- Should Cost Modeling
- Cost Improvement Processes
- Contract Execution
Experience and Key Competencies
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years relevant experience in a logistics/supply chain role within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years procurement/sourcing experience preferred Experience in Operations, Logistics, Planning, and Forecasting Analytically absorb information & solve complex problems quickly Advanced in excel and Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification a plus.
- Project management experience a plus
- Lean / continuous improvement skills a plus.
**Hybrid model - 3 days on site
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jessica Kennedy