Strategic Planning Director required for a leading medical device manufacturer in Galway.
- Scans environment for business opportunities, maintains surveillance over market, and may perform financial analysis of acquisition candidates.
- Develops and monitors profitability, productivity, and growth targets.
- May prepare acquisition proposals, recommend financial and nonfinancial strategic objectives and alternatives, and implement and maintain strategic and operational plans.
- Plans and coordinates business reviews, resource allocations, organization structures, and financial analysis.
- Managing people. which includes: accountability for mentoring, developing and coaching staff on meeting/exceeding performance expectations and defined objectives, providing leadership to staff ensuring the prioritization of strategic and department level initiatives to include defining performance goals and targets, conducting performance reviews, and staff 1:1s to guide performance management and employee development efforts and manage toward departmental goals.
- Manages department (s) or small unit that includes multiple teams led by managers and / or supervisors.
- Leads the development of the strategy for own department or business area, ensuring links to the company’s aims and objectives,
- Typically has budget or P&L accountability for a department, broad functional area or geography.
- Drives innovation across the business area, encouraging best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Develops long term strategic relationships and alliances with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with 7+ years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with 7+ years of managerial experience.
- Degree qualified.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead multiple job areas, and detailed functional and operational expertise.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.