Store Manager required for well known retail group in Galway city.
- Store Manager Retail required for well known retail group in Galway city.
- Oversee general aspects of store management on a daily basis.
- Key holding. Opening and closing Galway store on a daily basis.
- Responsible for staff costs and weekly rosters for two stores (Galway & Tuam).
- Responsible for achieving agreed sales targets.
- Ensuring customer service is to the proper standard.
- Deal with customer queries and special orders.
- Recruiting temporary staff for the Schoolwear season.
- Training temporary staff in advance of the Schoolwear season.
- Responsible for health and safety issues.
- Monitor the online eCommerce platform to ensure website is up to date. Provide product details, images, and correct pricing to the website administrator.
- Ensure online orders are picked and fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Monitor competition to ensure that we are competitive at all times.
- Liaise with Sales Manager to maximise sales and profit margins at all times.
- Assist the store personnel in maintaining the stockroom in an orderly manner.
- Be proficient in the use of the point-of-sale system and solve problems as they arise.
- Authorise refunds and exchanges for sales staff.
- Daily reconciliation of EPOS system and correct issues as they arise.
- Manage team of 3 stores/stockroom personnel to ensure stores are operating efficiently.
- Liaising with stores manager to ensure deliveries are receipted onto the point-of-sale system correctly.
- Manage the replenishment of the shop from the stores.
- Plan and place the forward ordering of Schoolwear stock in October/November for delivery before the following Schoolwear season.
- Monitor never out of stock items and ensure repeat orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Agree Advertising strategy with marketing manager and oversee its implementation.
- Carry out any unforeseen tasks that arise from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the store.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.