Sterilization Engineer II
Sterilization Engineer II required on a permanent basis in Galway
Provides support to the Sterilization organization to facilitate efficient operations, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production, quality and regulatory compliance goals are met. Monitors the performance of equipment, machines, and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields, or product quality issues. Interfaces with Research and Development and/or New Product Development to integrate new products or processes into the existing sterilization processes.
- Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved processes to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company.
- Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Analyzes and solve problems from basic engineering principles, theories, and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems that require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices, and techniques.
- Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in sterilization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
- Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves as a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interacts cross-functionally and with internal and external customers. Ensures there is sufficient backup capacity in place for sterilization. This may require interaction with outside sterilization contractors.
- Min 3 years of experience in roles related to Sterilization or Microbiology with BS degree, or MS degree (min. NFQ level 8/ 240 credits) in Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with IQ, OQ, and PQ processes
- Experience with multiple industrial sterilization processes and modalities
- Strong technical knowledge of Ethylene Oxide Sterilization processes and equipment preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical device regulatory requirements and quality system an asset.
- Pro-active, energetic, self-assured professional with high personal integrity and ability to collaborate, influence and develop positive interpersonal relationships
*Strong benefits on offer such as annual bonus, full family healthcare & pension*
Please contact Elaine Dolan to have a confidential discussion.
091 706 718