Video for this job
- Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved sterilisation processes to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company. Prepares reports and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company and has a thorough knowledge of the customer and clinical needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
- Understands the regulatory requirements pertaining to the job and ensures sterilisation processes meet them.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves as a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers in particular developing good relations with contract sterilisation facilities.
- Ensure there is sufficient backup capacity in place for sterilisation processes.
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and 2+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Wide application of technical principles, practices and procedures. Strong understanding of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/relationships. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in non-compliance with governmental regulations.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgement within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a sound knowledge of various technical alternatives and their impact.
- Establishes and cultivates an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments. Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance and work direction, and offering counsel. May lead a project team. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. Influences middle management on technical or business solutions. May interact with vendors.
- Plans and organises non-routine tasks with approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule. Establishes priorities of work assignments.
- Exercises judgement in selecting innovative, practical methods to achieve problem resolution. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane on 021-4320675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org