Staff Research and Development Engineer
Exciting opportuity for a Staff R&D Engineer to a join global Medical Device company. The Staff R&D Engineer will report to the R&D Manager. If you have a strong technical medical device background and you are looking to progress your career, this is the ideal career opportunity. Contact me today to hear more!
- Level 8 or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years’ experience in medical devices, with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Quality and Regulatory (Design Control) requirements associated with all phases of product design and development.
- A proven track record of leading teams through design device development through Concept Development, Design Freeze, Design Verification / Validation and transfer into Manufacturing.
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of Minimally Invasive Catheters, their construction, and application.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer & sales expectations.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of composite shafts and their manufacturing processes, including:
- Braiding, Coiling, welding, coating, and Catheter assembly methods.
- Braiding, coiling, lamination and tipping.
- Knowledge of their end-use invasive procedures.
Excellent Salary & Benefits.
For a confidential discussion and more information on this role, please contact Nicola Walsh.