Video for this job
My Client is looking for a staff R&D Engineer to join their team. The role involves working closely with the prototype manager, customers and internal stakeholders to develop prototype solutions for new and novel catheter applications in their. key value driver therapies.
- Lead project team(s) to deliver project(s) against agreed milestones with DS customers.
- Influence the project scope (Schedule, cost, quality), change request management and technically lead the respective projects.
- The staff Engineer will be responsible for the technical leadership and deliverables for the project.
- Communicate project status, performance and risks to the Projects group lead.
- Lead the service delivery requirements (OTIF) for the DS group.
- The staff engineer will be required to technically lead a small core team of Engineering resources; this includes coaching and coordinating the project team in pursuit of project objectives, including time management, resource management and project risk management.
- Customer management: The staff engineer will have responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project and is consulted on functional issues that could affect the relationship.
- The staff engineer ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
- Participate and contribute to ongoing efficiency and improvement programs and make recommendations on future technical capability growth.
- Contribute to business development opportunities including customer visits (including foreign travel) as well as proposal development and generation and technical review of opportunities.
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering / Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years’ experience in medical devices, with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of Minimally Invasive Catheters, their construction and application.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer & sales expectations.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of composite shafts and their manufacturing processes, including:
- Braiding, Coiling, welding, coating and Catheter assembly methods.
- Braiding, coiling, lamination and tipping.
- Knowledge of their end-use invasive procedures.
- Laser cutting and welding (optional).