Staff Project Manager Engineer
The Staff Project Manager Engineer will be responsible for managing a project team and driving project performance for new product and component development projects through their Lean PD process. Products and components will used in Neurovascular, Structural heart and Peripheral Vascular applications. The successful project manager will be responsible for resource planning, staffing, risk management, and communication. The focus will be on On-Time Delivery, scope, schedule, and budget objective attainment of a project or multiple projects.
- Level 8 in related discipline required.
- Formal Project management training required. PMP certification preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrated Project/Program Management experience in technology or Medical Device Manufacturing working with internal and external customers required.
- Experience in the matrix management of a project team.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations preferred.
- New product introduction experience for devices required
- Must be results oriented
- Ability to act as TE and customer advocate
- Demonstrated business acumen and confidence communicating to senior management and customers
- Demonstrated ability in managing systems, managing up, and managing peers
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and programs and meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements
- Experience in managing local and global teams
- Experience in Product/Project Lifecycle implementation and strong process and systems understanding preferred
- Basic knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and component or assembly design principles required
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, problem solving required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Project, on-line collaboration tools, and databases required
Must be willing to travel up to 10% annually