Staff or Senior Microbiologist – Medical Device – Limerick – Multi-national medical device industry!
This is a unique hands on opportunity for someone looking for career development & the opportunity to make this role their own!
Overview of role (full job description available on request)!
- Be the on-site technical expert for sterilization validations, controlled environments, routine microbial monitoring requirements, product release testing.
- Providing direction for manufacturing for modifications to controlled environments and facility auxiliaries and determine requirements for environmental testing.
- Leads special projects as assigned to completion with minimal supervision, developing technically sound protocols and reports and participating in execution of validations/revalidation work.
- Performs root cause investigations and implement correction/corrective actions for controlled environment related excursions, with minimal supervision.
- Owns internal lab procedures and performs regular reviews of current procedures and processes for improvements and updates as necessary to ensure continued compliance to standards.
- Execute process validations/revalidations, in relation to setting up new laboratory equipment, assisting with protocols, data analysis, temperature studies, and reports, to contribute to goal achievements.
- Responsible for managing various tasks within the lab environment, juggling different priorities, and meet communicated deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 6 years previous experience in a microbiology environment or
- Master’s degree in Microbiology with 4 years of related experience, which includes knowledge of FDA & EU testing requirements, standards, applicable lab techniques, test method validations, and quality assurance evaluations.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Sheehan.