SQL Database Engineer
Join a successful and Globally recognized automotive software company. This position supports database design, optimization, and production support for specific projects. The role will require strong data design skills and the ability to work closely with software development engineers to develop robust, scalable, performance systems.
- Implementation of MS SQL Server administration best practice regarding
- Backup and restore strategies
- Scheduled maintenance procedures
- Performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Query/data access optimization
- Generating and publishing web enabled reports using Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and Data Transformation Loading (DTL).
- Develop and implement high availability database systems (99.9%+ uptime).
- Review and approve proposed SQL code changes.
- Work closely with IT to determine and implement software and hardware upgrades as needed to promote system stability and performance.
- Work with various stakeholders to gather requirements for enhancements to the existing system.
- Review existing database implementation. Recommend and implement changes to improve performance and reliability.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in developing database software.
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in managing mission critical database installations.
- Expert in design and development of MS SQL Server based software.
- Expert in TSQL, SSRS, SSIS.
- BSCS, BSEE or BSSE
- MCDBA, MCSE or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills