Our client based in Roscommon require a Solutions Architect for their expanding team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day technical support for end-users, including software and hardware (on site and remote support as required)
- Troubleshooting end user issues and providing assistance with their queries
- Responsible for fixing IT issues and dealing with 3rd party service suppliers
- Monitoring IT environment by using tools which provide real time reporting and dashboards
- The delivery of high quality engagements around Microsoft/HPE solution areas, technologies and products in diverse client environments.
- The design and development of integrated solutions using latest generation products and technologies.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualisation, identity, security and storage
- Understanding of how to build resilient multi-site architectures
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange an advantage
- IP phone system experience and Networking fundamentals – network basics and cabling
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Hyper-V, VMware, SQL, Exchange, Office 365, Azure, RDS
- 4-5 year’s professional experience of working in a similar position, in IT Technical Support.
- Third Level Degree preferred in Computer Science or equivalent – desirable.
- Microsoft Certifications an advantage.
- Microsoft, VMware, HPE and Cisco certifications a distinct advantage. Ongoing training and certification will play a central part in the role.
Abilities, skills and knowledge:
- Time management – demonstrating skills in this area is pivotal for success in the role.
- Resilient with the ability to manage and influence key stakeholders.
- Energetic personality – driven to achieve results, solution focused and delivering consistently.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and to manage and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- A genuine passion for IT and new technologies
- A full clean driving licence.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!