About the role
Our client's development team is seeking a Software Test Engineer (Automation) who thrives in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The focus of this position will be to develop and automate system tests. You will be part of a highly dynamic team as you work to build a system test environment. As the Software Testing Engineer, you will:
- Execute and automate long-running, scale, reliability, and security test cases and report the results.
- Understand, participate, and provide inputs to Dev for functional and design specs and other design documentation.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams including but not limited to Product Management, Customer Support, and Platform engineering.
- Maintain multiple product configurations as applicable to various projects.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to new hires joining the team
The experience you'll need
- BS/MS degree in Science or Engineering from a recognised and accredited university or college.
- Knowledge of complete SDLC and experience in software testing methodology, tools, test planning, and test execution.
- Strong automation background to be able to build an automation framework.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills for performing root cause analysis.
- Ability to effectively work with stakeholders in multiple engineering teams for defect investigation, root cause analysis, and implementation of corrective/preventative actions.
- Knowledge of tools and processes for regression, scale, and performance testing.
- Ability to write clear test specifications.
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills we'd like to see:
- Ideal candidates will have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in developing and supporting automation test frameworks from the ground up.
- Proficiency in programming in Python/Java/Go, Selenium.
- Experience in the following areas/technologies:
- SQL/NoSQL Ds, XML
- REST APIs, JSON, Web Application
- AWS/GCP/AZURE, Docker, Microservices, Conternisation, Kubernetes
- CI/CD, Git/Gitlab, Jenkins
- Linux/VM environments
- ROBOT Framework, TestNG, JUnit
- Scale/performance testing tools
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Ryan Blackett.