- Reference: CJ45682
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Information Technology
A position has become available in a small Laboratory Instrumentation early stage company for a software engineer. Seeking an experienced software engineer. The person recruited will be developing code on several platforms including:
- Win PC based C# application code which communicates with embedded hardware
- Embedded C code running on an embedded microprocessor
- Code executing on a commercial robotics motion controller
- Image processing software written in OpenCV
You will be working as part of a small motivated team and will be one of the key contributors to the company’s continued success.
The individual will need to self-motivated, dynamic, have a good work ethic, be flexible in terms of assigned tasks and be able to work both independently and as part of team. The position has the potential to be filled by a software engineer (bachelors or masters or PhD level) with several years’ experience. The position is located in Cork City suburbs.
- Expansion of existing C# PC based application code e.g. adding additional features/functionality and optimisation of existing features/functionality
- Expansion and adaption of existing embedded C code running on a microcontroller
- Expansion and adaption of existing motion controller code running on a commercial robotics motion controller
- Development of new PC based C# programs and new embedded C programs
- Expansion and adaption of existing image processing software (e.g. OpenCV)
- Development of various PC and embedded programs for R&D projects
- Responsible for the design, coding, unit testing and documentation of new software components or enhancements to existing software components.
- Specification of small embedded applications and management of sub-contractors
- Project management
- Management of sub-suppliers / contractors
- Documentation of software and systems
- Test and debug
- Working with customers
- Able to travel abroad for short trips to customer sites or exhibitions
- Proficient in C# for Win PC based applications
- Proficient in embedded C for microcontrollers and experience in programming microcontrollers
- The flexibility to be able to learn new programming languages and understand / adapt / expand existing motion control software
- Experience in working with PC based image processing software is desirable e.g. OpenCV
- Develops expertise in one or more programming techniques, data analysis tools, or design tools important to the company.
- Flexible and agile in being able to respond to customer driven requirements.
- Proficient in desktop applications e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Good communication skills
- Version control, change management and archiving of software
- Experience in designing and building C# PC based applications
- Experience in designing and implementing embedded microcontroller applications
- Experience in communication from a PC to an embedded microcontroller to control robotics
- A basic understanding of controlling robotics
- Desirable but not essential: experience in developing FPGA applications
- Experience in working with PC based image processing software such as C/C++ or OpenCV or others
- An aptitude for physics
- A basic understanding of electronics and embedded hardware
- A basic understanding of machine vision/optics e.g. cameras / lenses / illumination / image processing
- An appreciation of a quality system (e.g. ISO 9001:2008 and ISO13485) and able to work to a quality system
- Familiarity with H2020 project implementation
- Full driving licence
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!