- Reference: SJ45384a
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our client based in Sligo requires a Site Engineering Services Utilities Engineer on a 12 month contract basis.
The Site Engineering Services Team is responsible for the overall direction of the Facility/Utility Engineering, EHS, Energy and Security functions onsite. In addition, the function is accountable for capital improvements to the production suites and facility, coordinating engineering projects, managing site safety and environmental activities in line with all relevant corporate and regulatory agency requirements.
It has responsibility for maintaining ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001, ISO55001 registration and the Global Maintenance Excellence Program on site.
- Establish with the engineering manager the performance goals, schedules and timetables for activities.
- Assist with the management and supporting of manufacturing / utility / facility project plans.
- Coordinate maintenance of manufacturing & facility equipment to required maintenance schedules.
- Preparation of capital expenditure requests for plant.
- Ensure successful agency, external, divisional and corporate audits as relates to engineering compliance systems.
- Identification and implementation of manufacturing equipment related CIP’s.
- Issue management reports as requested and on time.
- Management of relevant budgets within target.
- Cross train within manufacturing engineers to ensure appropriate preventive maintenance schedules.
- Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to.
- Implementation of equipment/process upgrades in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Support the Engineering Team in ensuring that manufacturing equipment is maintained to meet the required legal, divisional and corporate standards.
- Liaise with Division Engineering as required.
- Ensure the effective management of appropriate internal and external plant projects. Correct handover procedures to ensure maintenance of quality and EHS standards.
- Implementation of all relevant policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering & Safety.
- Supervise external contractors which include development of performance metrics for third party service providers of site services.
- Negotiate cost / quality effective external contracts.
- Prepare appropriate CAPA plans and implement timelines.
- Review, maintain and implement a set of Site Electrical Engineering standards in compliance with Corporate and Current ISO & BS Standards
Experience and Education:
- Bachelors Degree – Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, BioMedical, Electrical) or Relevant Discipline
- Membership of the Institute of Engineers of Ireland (IEI) is beneficial
- Minimum 5 years of Engineering Experience preferably in a facility/utility maintenance environment.
- Required to undertake specific investigations, and equipment monitoring, with the view to improve manufacturing performance e.g. reducing plant downtime and maximizing Plant output and yield.
- It may be necessary to re-design elements of manufacturing / utility / facility machinery to adapt to process conditions in order to improve efficiency.
- This role is accountable for supporting a positive developmental culture with the organization while ensuring compliance with Quality policies.
- Requires good knowledge of Company Policies and Procedures and involves working towards general results to achieve organizational needs.
- The position has a high level of autonomy and individuals are expected to work on their own initiative.
- Demonstrates an ethos of Right First Time at all times.
- Adheres to and follows all procedures policies and guidelines ensuring compliance with cGMP and ISO/FDA regulations and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Shows a high level of tenacity to ensure closure of issues.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!