Job Title: Site Leader
Location: Dublin 17
The Site Leader will manage all manufacturing aspects of the site and will have full accountability for ensuring the production throughput required for the business. The person in role will be a member of the Ireland Leadership Team, which has accountability for driving the Ireland business forward.
- To lead the most efficient operation of the plant to ensure that the workload is planned and exectued within set deadlines. Optimising the allocation of staff to cover all department roles to generate the highest levels of efficiency. Be responsible for introducing Continuous Initiative projects to the site using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Responsible for the development of a comprehensive preventative maintenance program to maximise machine availability.
- Lead and foster the development of a culture of continuous improvement through the implementation of best practice and peer benchmarking.
- Represent the plant in discussions with customers.
- Participate in price discussions with commercial teams to ensure optimisation of Gross Margin on existing and tendered business.
- Work with quality management to minimise the cost of internal and external quality issues.
- Responsible for waste reduction and procurement.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the plants capital investment plans.
- To ensure the updating central databases occur (once in place) with shift performance information, uphold and enforce working procedures and safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant H&S legislation and Group policies and procedures and reporting of same
- Support, Coach and develop the supervisory team in all aspects of their roles to engender a dynamic working environment.
- Be open to change and seek to obtain maximum efficiencies from the team in terms of output and value to the business (Lean, Six Sigma, S&OP processes. Leading a CI culture change process)
Every Job has accountability for end results. These end results are accomplished by performing the tasks and activities assigned to the job.
% of daily time spent performing this accountability
Create a culture of continuous improvement within Manufacturing. Coordinate all continuous improvement activities and employee development/training. Exhibit a ‘hands on’, practical approach driven by results. Prioritise the focus of activities upon key business improvement areas and in support of the ‘Scorecard’ improvement goals. Ensure that all activities are high value added and that timelines are established and that employees have the tools/training to produce results. To LEAD and participate in problem solving activities to identify root causes and to recommend sound corrective actions both practically and financially. 20%
Analyse capacity within production and implement actions to maximize productive capacity. Direct the application productivity improvement programmes and embrace and drive a Lean / Six Sigma culture. 20%
Drive improvements in quality standards across manufactured products. Root out quality failures across the business including manufacturing and warehouse operations. Engender a culture of “right first time” to minimise all forms of waste & drive down internal and external PPM failure rates to ensure customer requirements are always met or exceeded. 15%
Focus on waste reduction & the eradication of non-value added activities. Develop and act upon plans to facilitate process improvement, achieve and exceed run rates. Monitor & improve cost-productivity measures (output per FTE etc) & drive year-on-year cost reductions through improved efficiencies & performance. 15%
Monitor & improve manufacturing schedule adherence, with a view to achieving a level of consistency that will enable safety stock min. balance reduction / lot size reduction & ultimately inventory reduction. Also Site procurement 10%
Cross train employees for maximum flexibility. Conduct gap analyses through the periodic review of skill matrices vs. business requirements. Identify stars of the future & develop PDP plans. Manage & communicate progression opportunities, with clarity on salary banding to ensure fairness & integrity. Deal with poor performing individuals & continuously raise the minimum standard expected. 10%
Be the Company advocate on Health & Safety Policies & procedures and related compliance and regulatory issues. 10%
Leadership: Set goals, Encourage, Educate and manage good and poor performance
Communication: to impart and receive information clearly and concisely
Planning/organisation: Utilising people and materials in the most efficient ways possible while ensuring flexibillity to cope with the unforseen.
Technical/functional knowledge: The abillity to know what and why procedures are used and to offer assistance when needed
Descision Making/initiative: To be able to make informed decisions, especially when no other authority figures are available.
Customer focus: To do all tasks with the end customer’s requirments in mind
- 3rd level degree qualification and Continuous Improvement programmes such as ‘Lean’, Six Sigma etc
- Computer literacy, Excel, Word and PowerPoint to at least intermediate level.
- Strong leadership skills – requires experience of managing small management teams.
- Strong ability to delegate and to communicate effectively.
- Self-starter – highly motivated, seeking to continually improve and not afraid to challenge the ‘norm’
- Continuous Improvement, Health and Safety Management and Lean management experience
Contact Blaithin to apply:
01 66 200 88