- Reference: SJ46331
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Derry, Donegal, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our client, a leading multinational in Donegal going through a large expansion, is seeking a Site Engineering Manager
- In cooperation with the Site Leadership Team, develop the strategic capital program for the department and execute, by providing leadership and direction of its personnel, contractors and consultants, understanding department responsibilities and priorities, and then adjusting the programs accordingly.
- Ensure efficient and effective operation by creating a proactive environment, developing & monitoring metrics, and communicating with End Users to add increased value to the business.
- Participate as a key member of the Management Team by cooperating cross functionally to achieve Operational Priorities and Site Performance.
- Ensure that the Engineering team understands the shared accountability for Goals and Priorities within Operations.
- Provide people and team development for increased company value and personal satisfaction. Work with department teams to ensure success and encourage collaboration and networking across all functions.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and good documentation practices are followed to track all projects and make data analysis efficient.
- Participate in the development of a strong Safety Culture that encourages building into all projects safety awareness, programs and solutions as part of the project elements.
- Responsible for the management of the engineering department and site engineering projects from pre-concept to post turnover.
- Provide Project Management for facility projects, new equipment installation, and new construction
- Develop a Capital Investment plan to support the transition and maintenance of the commercial manufacturing capability.
- Develop site engineering staff and competencies and organizational capability.
- Ensure department capital projects meet safety, scope, quality, schedule and budget as required to support site operations and company needs.
- Develop, manage and track CAPEX budgets.
- Develop and implement a structured Project “Stage Gate Process” to ensure the quality of work, using formal user requirements, functional specs and process documentation including Commissioning and Qualification programs.
- Improve process optimization and operations through active engagement with end users after commissioning/IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Integrate organization into efficient processes with Maintenance, Validation, Quality and Operations.
- Support the development and maintenance of a Site Master Plan.
- Responsible for department Change Controls, CAPAs, Engineering Change Management program during project execution and Site Drawings.
- Works with technology transfer groups to assure success in process start-up
- Strong understanding of project management principles related to scope, budget and schedule control and a working knowledge of Microsoft Project,
- Manages and coordinates the activities of a project with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and employees
- Clear understanding of the regulations governing the manufacture of Medical Devices
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional project teams.
- Capable of building and developing a core team to support site operations
- Knowledge of process automation, controls systems and experience working in high volume manufacturing environment
- Working experience around the development and execution of qualification protocols for medical device manufacturing facilities
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of engineering challenges. Solutions are imaginative and pragmatic, thorough, practicable and consistent with organizational objectives and local code requirements
- Understanding of process design and transfer for device processes
- Possesses excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze complex interactions
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups to resolve critical issues across multiple functional areas
- Adherence to all health, safety & environmental requirements in support of departmental and site goals. Work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Requires a Bachelors or Masters in an engineering discipline with 10 years or more experience in an engineering management role pharmaceutical or biotech production facilities.
For further details, please contact Colin Byrne on 071-9142411 or email email@example.com
For all our jobs nationwide view www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
The attractiveness of the Midwest as a region to set up a world class manufacturing operation and source top talent across a range of roles was further endorsed this week with the announcement from Edwards Lifesciences to set up a European manufacturing site in Shannon with the creation of 60 jobs initially and further ramping […]read whole article
Question: I am responsible for managing two junior staff members at an advertising firm. They work on projects together but have their own specific tasks to carry out. When it comes to presenting their work to myself and my superiors, one of the members has a habit of hogging the limelight and claiming credit for […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more