Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo, is looking to hire a Financial Controller with manufacturing experience.
- Work in partnership with the Site Lead Team in the development of annual business plan to achieve specific objectives consistent with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Define KPI’s and report to Site Lead Team monthly.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual management (US GAAP) reporting.
- FP&A: Budgeting, forecasting, and other reporting as required by management.
- Responsible for preparation of annual local statutory accounts, and audit of same.
- Ensure that the ERP system, JD Edwards, is implemented in line with corporate finance policies and Sox controls.
- Implement a cost accounting methodology in line with corporate policies and GAAP, and define analytics to understand variances.
- Tax computation, planning, compliance with domestic reporting and other requirements.
- Work with external advisors to ensure optimum transfer pricing, to optimize global tax position without compromising compliance.
- Work with corporate Sox implementation team to implement key processes to ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with applicable federal regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Optimize available government incentive programs e.g. R&D grants, R&D tax credit. Prepare drawdown/claim for same.
- Capital investment calculation, management of Fixed Assets, particularly the capitalization of CIP.
- Responsible for compensation and benefits payments.
- Responsible for employee expenses reimbursement.
- Manage the supply chain, procurement and IT functions.
- Define local finance SOP’s in compliance with corporate, Sox and local legal standards.
- Drive the achievement of consistent high standards through process optimization, automation and transformation, while enhancing the finance organization’s value creation for all stakeholders.
- Leadership of finance team supporting the manufacturing site.
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CPA with minimum 10 years post qualification experience.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting.
- Fifteen years’ working experience ideally to include a minimum of five years at senior finance level in an US MNC environment. Pharma manufacturing experience an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and Irish IFRS.
- Accustomed to working with ERP systems – preferably JD Edwards.
- Excellent knowledge of finance regulatory environment – US GAAP, Irish IFRS, Sox, Corporate Governance, Tax, Customs.
- Experience in managing tax related issues, company’s tax return strategy, transfer pricing, and corporate tax.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mark Whelan.