Shift Production Manager | West Cork
The Shift Production Manager will manage a team of people and ensure that all shift duties are performed correctly. You will be responsible for ensuring that the shift delivers products of maximum quality in a safe and cost-conscious manner.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Lead the operator team working on the shift, ensuring that the production processes runs safely, reliably, and efficiently.
- Ensure the production plan is met, consistently producing quality cheeses for our customers.
- Create a shift schedule, assign duties, and monitor performance, ensuring standards are met or exceeded.
- Coach operators on an ongoing basis and train new operators on how to safely use equipment and follow procedures.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to operators on their performance, both formally at designated intervals and informally ‘in real time’, as appropriate.
- Proactively engage with Maintenance, Quality and other functions.
- Lead investigation, resolution and reporting related to customer complaints.
- Provide comprehensive end-of-shift Handover Report that facilitates immediate and urgent follow-up to specific issues as required.
- Attend production-related meetings to share information, develop plans, and discuss issues in a proactive, solution-focused way.
- Lead projects, as required.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or Process Engineering
- Operations Management experience within a complex high-volume food manufacturing plant is desirable but not essential
- Experience in GMP, Hygiene, and Health & Safety requirements.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.