The successful candidate will have responsibility and leadership for overall operation of a production shift. Responsible for the coordination and direction of cross functional teams of the designated production area to achieve business goals.
- Maintain a clean, safe workplace and ensure zero lost time accidents.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements at all times.
- Maintain production supply to fulfil the sales and operations demand plan.
- Drives and meets the Key Performance Indicators of the production shift.
- Lead, motivate and develop Production Operators, Team leaders, and Supervisors team in communication, team development, career development, motivation and skills.
- Ensure the timely issuing of internal reports which are used to determine the production area performance.
- Identify opportunities to improve work processes and methods by working with Business Excellence, tech teams and EHS functions.
- Implement team goals and objectives and review on a timely basis.
- Ensure Team Leaders and Production operators are trained in manufacturing procedures as per current GPS, MPS, TWI and GMP requirements.
- Assume responsibility for internal and external audit actions associated with the production area to ensure effective closure of corrective actions.
- Maintain good employee morale and discipline, and manage all disciplinary issues in line with HR policies and procedures.
- Leads cross-functional team in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Summary of Minimum Qualifications:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a third level qualification in Engineering, Business, Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which at least 3 years related experience in people management.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and team development skills.
- Ability to plan and organise production schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other functions and management team.
- Ability to work effectively as a manufacturing team member to achieve production goals.
- Action oriented and enjoys challenges; drives for results; is versatile, flexible and is willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify improvements in manufacturing methods and processes.
- Understanding of relevant Oracle (or other ERP system) modules and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) proficiency.
- Green belt certification and lean manufacturing experience is desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edyta Fleming on 091706721 or email email@example.com.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie