Collins McNicholas is recruiting exclusively for Carbery Group, a global leader in food ingredients, flavour, and cheese, as they grow their manufacturing operations in West Cork. This position will be part of their cheese department. The Shift Manager ensures that their shift on the manufacturing process runs safely, reliably, and efficiently. Previous experience leading and managing teams is essential.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Lead the Operator team working on the shift, ensuring that the production process runs safely, reliably, and efficiently.
- Ensure the production plan and priorities for the shift are met, producing consistently highest quality cheese products for customers.
- Create a shift schedule, assign duties and monitor team performance, ensuring standards are met or exceeded.
- Coach team members on an ongoing basis and train new operators on how to safely use equipment and follow procedures, with the needs of the Customer always in mind.
- Manage operator requests and transgressions as appropriate; resolve workplace disputes and report issues that arise during the shift to the Production Manager.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to operators on their performance, both formally at designated intervals and informally ‘in real time’, as appropriate.
- Proactively engage with Maintenance, Quality and other functions at all times in order to ensure maximum collaboration to the benefit of the overall Cheese business.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Previous leadership/management experience within a manufacturing environment (preferably volume cheese/dairy manufacturing).
- Experience in GMP, Hygiene and Health & Safety requirements.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.