- Ensuring compliance with all current legislation, including codes of practice and relevant standards. Assist in the maintenance of the company legal register.
- Ensure that all HSQE management procedures are fully implemented throughout the company and to provide assistance to the management team on practical management of the Integrated Management Systems.
- Assist in the review and maintenance of the company Safety Statement and both the company and site-specific risk assessments.
- Produce and Develop Construction Health and Safety Plans.
- Produce and Develop Site Construction Stage Environmental Management Plan.
- Produce and Develop Site Quality Management Plan.
- Arrange, prepare and carry out Site Inductions.
- Update and maintain all records associated with the HSQE management system.
- Prepare and review Risk Assessments and Method Statements when required.
- Review and comment on Sub Contractor’s RAMS.
- Ensure all HSQE statistics are recorded and logged including Key Performance Indicators.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and minute, Site Health and Safety meetings
- Provide a professional audit role in the company and to carry out site SHEQ audits. To work with the company management team to ensure that the corrective action from the audit is carried out within given timescales. To record Non-Conformances using the company non-conformance reporting procedure.
- Investigate accidents and dangerous occurrences, maintaining proper records and complying with and reporting to relevant bodies.
- Ensure that breaches of the health and safety programme and regulations are reported to the H, S, Q & E Manager and that where appropriate these are dealt with under the company disciplinary rules and procedures.
- Maintain working relationships with the Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Manager, and designated H&S representatives in each division.
- Attend health and safety meetings and advise on suitable action plans.
- To carry out training in all areas where competent including toolbox talks.
- Maintain internal relationships with other internal departments as appropriate for the effective operation of the health and safety function – human resources, environmental, insurance, quality, transport fleet managers etc.
- Build effective relationships with appropriate external bodies appropriate for the management of health, safety, quality & environment – Health and Safety Authority, Health and Safety Inspectors, EPA etc.
- Carry out additional duties as required by the company.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a health and safety role to include experience implementing and operating to Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Preferable to have several years’ experience working in a technical field – e.g. civil engineering, construction management. Would also be desirable to have a qualification in a technical area.
- In depth knowledge of current best practice of health and safety in this industry, and a working in-depth knowledge of legislative compliance.
- Excellent administration and computer skills, and knowledge of the importance of record keeping to the H&S function.
- Technical primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification ideally
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane on 021-4320675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org