Your day to day responsibilities –
- Ensuring compliance with all current legislation, including codes of practice and relevant standards.
- Ensure that the company procedures are being fully implemented throughout the Company, providing assistance to the project management team on practical management of the Health and Safety systems.
- Produce and Develop Site Health and Safety Plans.
- Produce and Develop Site Construction Stage Environmental Management Plan
- Produce and Develop Site Quality Management Plan
- Arrange, prepare and carry out Site Inductions.
- Update and keep all records associated with the SHEQ management system.
- Produce MSRA’s when required.
- Review and comment on Sub Contractor’s MSRA.
- Ensure all SHEQ statistics are recorded and logged.
- Arrange, coordinate and minute, Site Health and Safety meetings
- Provide a professional audit role in the company, carry out site Audits. To work with the Company management team to ensure that the corrective action from the audit is carried out within given timescales.
- Investigate accidents and dangerous occurrences, maintaining proper records and complying with and reporting to relevant bodies.
- Ensure that breaches of the health and safety programme and regulations are reported to the H, S, Q & E Manager and that these are dealt with under the company disciplinary rules and procedures.
- Maintain working relationships with the Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Manager, and designated H&S representatives in each division.
- Attend company health and safety committee meetings and advise on suitable action plans.
- Maintain internal relationships with other internal departments as appropriate for the effective operation of the health and safety function – human resources, environmental, insurance, quality, transport fleet managers etc.
- Build effective relationships with appropriate external bodies appropriate for the management of health, safety, quality & environment – Health and Safety Authority, Health and Safety Inspectors,
Key skills –
- At least 3 years’ experience in a health and safety role to include experience implementing and operating to Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Preferable to have several years’ experience working in a technical field – e.g. civil engineering, construction management. Would also be desirable to have a qualification in a technical area.
- In-depth knowledge of the current best practice of health and safety in this industry, and a working in-depth knowledge of legislative compliance.
- Excellent administration and computer skills, and knowledge of the importance of record keeping to the H&S function.
- Technical primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification ideally
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel O’Brien on 021-4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org