The EHS Specialist will be responsible for directing the work of the Customer Centre employees, monitoring EHS performance, managing regular site audits, attending regular meetings, playing a major role in reducing, investigating and eliminating accidents on the customer site
EHS Specialist responsibilities
· Ensures that EHS Management System and strategy are effectively implemented in accordance with the EMEA Customer Centre.
· Identify and update EHS related laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
· Take part in internal and external EHS management system’s audits.
· Support to carry out product risk assessment/environment registration, make sure the general risk assessment and environment registration will be updated to the latest.
· Provide EHS induction/training to new and frontline employees regularly.
· Prepare and maintain necessary regulatory documentation and reports.
· Monitor EMEA Customer Centre OH factors (Heavy metal/Noise/Chemical) and environment factors regularly
· Support and train the EHS Champions of each zone and participate in the local SHE Committee.
· Undertake investigations to incidents and report them as required with documentation and in the reporting system.
· To assess and monitor Service engineers to ensure correct PPE and procedures are carried out.
· Interfacing with the customer on equipment i.e. ergo assessments and lifting equipment.
EHS Specialist requirements
· Qualification in an engineering discipline with a work-based qualification in Environmental Health & Safety or a qualification in Safety engineering, environmental engineering with a mechanical technical background.
· The job holder must be an accomplished safety specialist with a track record of improved safety performance.
· Background is chemical and/or gas is an advantage
· Strong communication skills, organisational awareness and impact and influencing skills area prerequisite.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, orientation in modern IT structures and processes. SAP desirable.
**FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION**
· For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan