The Technical Advisor will provide support to both internal and external technical and commercial audiences, within the correct guidelines and standards.
Construction Technical Advisor responsibilities:
- Handling of Technical Sales to internal and external customers, including active promotion of full product ranges, by telephone, e-mail, fax and post, on a daily basis.
- Support company sales & specification teams (work with specifiers, merchants, builders and representative bodies on all matters relating to building systems.
- Maintaining a record of all-Technical Sales enquiries and replies.
- Attending and maintaining records from Pre-design / Site meetings.
- Representatives, to assist in the formation of design solution work, for specific projects, & to assist in the formulation of design solution work as necessary.
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and attending presentations to Specifying Bodies and Merchant customers, as necessary.
- Utilising industry tools, BIM, Cad, U-value calculator, Thermal modelling and Hygrothermal analysis software to generate project relevant information for specifiers and customers.
- Be fully familiar with the Companies’ product range and distribution channels etc.
- Preparing and providing/presenting training to internal and external customers.
- Apply a consistent process to enquiries but retain a personal touch.
- Communicate issues to manager prior to further escalation of problems.
- Accompany sales and specification representatives to customer sites and experience how best to meet the customer’s requirements.
Essential Qualifications required to fulfil the role
- Relevant construction qualification
- Strong ICT skills (particularly Microsoft Office)
Specific work experience required to essentially fulfil the role
- Minimum 2 years technical support experience in business to business (b2b) sector.
- Good data analysis skills, enthusiastic and hands-on attitude.
- Ability to read drawings
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritise
- Cross functional relationship building
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan