- Reference: CJ47250
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
One of the leading US Tech Startups in California is setting up a Finance team here in Cork – do you want to be part of the initial Cork team and go on an exciting journey as they scale up the operation?
Collins McNicholas Recruitment & HR Services Group have been exclusively retained to support this global leader in putting together a team of self-starters who enjoy working in a dynamic and ever evolving environment. Some of their current customer base include the likes of Netflix, Sony, eBay, McDonalds and Microsoft to name but a few. If you have an inquisitive mind and a good sense of humour (your favourite joke at the ready for interview!), then please read on….
We are currently looking to speak with those who are interested in a progressive Senior Tax Analyst position. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Senior Tax Manager with the worldwide (US and international) tax reporting and compliance processes. You will get exposure to the various tax functions, including income tax, sales tax, property tax, international VAT, withholding tax, etc.
Overview of the main responsibilities:
- Prepare month-end close tax accruals – withholding tax, onsite meals payroll tax reserve, franchise tax
- Prepare quarter-end close tax accruals – sales tax, withholding tax, onsite meals payroll tax reserve – and assist in tax reconciliations as part of financial statement quarter-end close process
- Manage filing of monthly/quarterly sales tax returns, including reconciliation between systems
- Prepare quarterly UK VAT, Canada and Quebec returns
- Review monthly and quarterly foreign entities’ VAT returns, estimated tax payment calculations
- Assist with quarterly U.S. census financial surveys
- Prepare and gather data for the tax provider to prepare US federal and state income tax returns
- Assist with review of US federal and state income tax returns prepared by third party
- Manage income tax extension and quarterly estimated tax payment calculations and filings prepared by third party
- Assist with year-end tax provision preparation and year-end tax audit requests
- Assist with data request for R&D tax credit study calculations
- Prepare various indirect tax calculations and filings – property tax, sales and use tax, franchise tax, VAT, etc.
- Assist with income tax, sales tax, business tax notices and contact the federal, state, and/or local jurisdiction to find resolution, including researching and documenting tax filing position
- Ad hoc tax related projects
What a suitable profile looks like for this role:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
- CTA Qualified or Qualified Accountant preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; as well as Google Suite: Mail, Sheets, Docs, Slides
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!
- Michael O'Brien
- Principal Consultant & Commercial Team Lead
- 021 4911064
- Connect with MichaelLinkedINEmail