We have a new opening for an IT System Administrator for our client based in Tullamore.
You will be part of a regional IT team, you will hold the position of Senior System Administrator for the site. The purpose of this role is to provide IT expertise and support for all employees based in Ireland (Tullamore).
You will be supported by a Global service desk that are responsible for Level 1 Level 2 support.
Additionally, the responsibility for ongoing maintenance, security and upgrading of existing IT infrastructure and systems is covered by this role.
- Maintenance and support of Windows server systems, backups storage and Local Area Network technologies.
- Maintenance and support of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory
- Maintenance and support of client hardware, including roll-out of new clients, upgrades and hardware repairs including network printers.
- Participating in projects, which could include:
- Site integration
- Technology updates
- Rollout of new software or technology
- Ensure all IT security policies of the company are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Review and updating of all IT process documentation.
- In close collaboration with Group IT, proactively participate in cross departmental projects and participate in global projects where applicable.
- Provide support for all telephony systems, including liaising with service providers regarding upgrades, contract modifications and escalating issues. (Including mobile, fibre connection)
- Key support for production issues, including database management and production hardware maintenance.
- Maintenance of intranet system which is built with HTML and PHP.
- Maintenance of database software including monitoring overnight data transfers.
- Gathering requirements and translating business needs into business solutions including technical recommendations
- Being a key contact on site for all IT related queries.
Skills and Requirements
- Degree or equivalent within Computer Science field
- 5-10 years Strong Technical Support background
- A proven 3+ years of System Administration experience in a similar role
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an advantage
- Hands on experience in setting up computers in MS Windows environment
- Windows server 2012 and above, Active Directory administration
- Confidence to carry out software upgrades on local applications
- VMWare management skills
- Strong understanding of network protocols
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and motivated approach to duties.
- A team player, with good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Methodical approach combined with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team and display an understanding of teamwork culture.
- Reliable and punctual time management.
For further details on this opportunity please contact Gillian Nicholson at email@example.com or call Gillian on 0906450665