Our client, a leading company in Sligo, is seeking a Senior Support Scientist.
· Project Management: Independently design, manage, and conduct complex long duration projects, product improvements, and investigations (or supports Third Party Manufacturing projects).
- Product and Process Improvements: Independently manage complex long duration projects, product improvements, and investigations. Recognizes opportunities and proposes novel ideas for significant operational, process or product improvements. Proactively identify opportunities for significant operational, process or product improvements. Perform or support test and process method modifications, considering CQAs, critical process parameters and analytical performance characteristics. Identify technical alternatives and make risk-based decisions within the area. Use technical data that interacts with multiple areas and processes. Provides diverse, independent technical data and insight to support risk management evaluation and assessment.
- Design control and risk management: Effectively balances compliance risk and business risk to create and review risk management files.
- Complaint and internal investigations: Independently manages complex investigations to resolution. Demonstrates advanced statistical techniques, MAIC and or project management tools. Provides audit inputs and support as required
- Technical Support: Assist in resolution of multiple complex technical and quality issues across Sites, TPMs and or functions (instrument; reagents; software and commodities). Anticipate, recognize and resolve technical issues.
- Sharing Knowledge: Presents complex technical information to internal and external groups. Shares scientific information and expertise with customers and regulatory agencies. Experience mentoring and teaching others to facilitate timely resolution of product and process technical issues.
- Strategic and Results Orientation: Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through actionable recommendations and accomplishments. Translates top-level goals to specific goals and aligns activities with respective strategic business priorities.
- EHS: Complete all activities in a safe manner ensuring that any potential safety issues and areas for improvement are highlighted to Manager. Ensure Environmental procedures e.g. recycling, waste minimization are adhered to and improvements made where possible.
PhD in relevant life science background.