A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to join an innovative and exciting start-up here in Galway.
- Technical lead on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Demonstrates Technical Leadership skills in Commodity Management.
- Responsible for Establishing & Achieving the business objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Drives Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition products.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Identifies and Drives Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
- Level 8 in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience within the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Experience and understanding of regulations related to medical devices e.g. ISO 13485, MDD, MDR and applicable FDA Requirements.
- Experience in writing documentation in a regulated environment.
- Experience in conducting audits in a regulated environment.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle McInerney
091 706 717