We are partnering with a leading medical device multi-national in Galway who are looking to hire an experienced Senior Supplier Engineer for their Extrusions business on a permanent basis. The is a global role, where you will work with suppliers and functions across a variety of regions.
This role offers remote and hybrid working options, but the successful applicant will need to be based in Ireland.
- Works closely with Suppliers, Supplier Engineering, Supplier Quality, PD, R&D & Commercial Sourcing teams.
- Assigned 1 or several GS sub-categories of material a list of suppliers.
- Delve into these technologies using web search’s, white papers, further education, you-tube, conferences.
- ravel & visit all suppliers & identify new prospective suppliers.
- Develop list of quality & supply risk mitigation opportunities & develop business case
- Develop list of cost reduction opportunities & develop business case
- Available for consultancy on special cause/ad-hoc technology-related events and attend key Supplier business reviews
- Identify new technologies to be invest in.
- Develop DFM matrices for R&D & embed.
- Develop & roll out knowledge sharing/training materials.
- Assess & develop supplier’s medical device knowledge and Lean capabilities and enhance where appropriate
- Level 8 Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science (240 credits)
- Ideally Masters or PhD in Polymer-related field
- 5+ years of work experience in Polymer Thermoplastic/Fluoropolymer/Silicone Extrusion manufacturing environment
- Ideally possess certification in Lean Six Sigma
- Ideally possess Medical Device experience
- Ideally possess Supplier Engineering or Supplier interfacing experience
- Ability to travel if required up to 10%
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.