Senior Staff Nurse
Opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse to join a growing company based in County Limerick.
The ideal person for this position will have experience with dementia patients and be a positive, energetic person.
Duties and responsibilities:
To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of nursing and social care which meet the individual needs of each resident by:
- Ensuring that the home policies and best clinical standards are practiced at all times.
- Working with different staff members in all areas to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Identify areas that may be of concern which can be discussed with the manager and action plan put in place.
- Supervising medication administration and compliance by nursing staff.
- Training & Development/Performance Appraisal – Staff Nurses and Care Assistants – in conjunction with DON.
- Review recent admissions ensuring appropriate assessments, planning implantation and evaluation of care is documented.
- Interact and support residents and families on a daily basis. The CNM is a key point of contact for all relatives and visitors and an ambassador for the home.
- The CNM is the supervisor of the staff nurses and carers and is responsible for ensuring that the care delivered is of consistently high quality and that those delivering the direct care to residents are appropriately skilled, competent, caring and conscientious. The CNM is the team leader of the staff who provides hands-on care to our residents, is a role model of excellent nursing care and practice and leads by example.
- Checking staff rosters and getting cover for sick leave. Must be a good communicator but it is vital to the smooth running of any home that staff, residents and relatives see this skill in any CNM.
- Experience working with dementia patients.
- First level registration on the appropriate part of Irish live register
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Excellent leadership, organisational and communication skills.
- Sound decision-making ability.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Appreciation of finance issues.
- Results driven.
- Experience, Knowledge and understanding of dementia care.
For more information or a confidential discussion contact Claire Normoyle on 061-512270 or firstname.lastname@example.org