- Reference: CJ46184
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
- Provide strategic influence while building value-add relationships with engaged 3rd party suppliers and respective internal stakeholders to increase sourcing efficiency.
- Promotes and works towards balanced continuous value improvement for all aspects of quality, service and cost with assigned supply base. Manages supplier performance and identifies Value Improvement Program’s to improve accordingly.
- Ensures optimal balance between collaborative engagement and competitive pressure to ensure maximum value is realised.
- Negotiates value improvements and manages optimal supplier contracts.
- Interacts with the Operational Procurement Teams.
- Owns annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as crisis or systematic issue resolution.
- Establish early, new supplier involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Gathers Market Intelligence and trends.
- Define, build and plan alignment on Commodity Strategy for assigned commodity.
- Identifies risks within the commodity and works closely with stakeholders to eliminate or take mitigating actions for strategic risks.
- Leads R&D communications related to the Commodity and facilitates the identification and evaluation of new materials or technologies to cover current and potential future requirements.
- Build alignment between business needs and market dynamics.
- Identifies insourcing and outsourcing opportunities.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in key sourcing categories that results in a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Guide respective internal leads through a holistic & systematic category approach to material & supplier selection and management.
- Establish early involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Identifies all suitable suppliers per commodity and region per sample RFQ and develops comprehensive supplier knowledge & database.
- Works closely with and engages on proactive information sharing with other Global Sourcing Team Members to optimize supply base.
- Develops Should-Cost Models for major sub-commodities.
- Analyses data and develops tools to manage the Commodity.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management Experience in a manufacturing environment. Medical Device experience is an advantage.
- HETAC Level 8 degree in relevant field
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!