- Reference: 47217
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Connacht, Dublin North, Leinster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Excellent opportunity for a highly experienced Solid Dose Drug Product Scientist to join a Global Biopharma company based in Ireland.
Job Title: Senior Solid Dose Drug Product Scientist
- Lead technical transfer and start-up of new solid dosage form processes.
- Participate in and lead the execution of plant-scale experiments.
- Lead CMC teams including tech transfers.
- Establish and review complex plans for multiple projects or activities and plan resource allocation and distribution.
- Provide technical support and training for solid dosage form manufacturing areas.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolution of process challenges.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction, cycle time and other process improvements.
- Analyze process data to identify causes of deviations and production problem and recommends corrective actions.
- Use statistical process control and other statistical tools for comparison and hypothesis testing. Apply engineering fundamentals: chemistry, transport phenomena, thermodynamics, reactions, unit operations, dynamics, material science and process control.
- Recommend and evaluate experimental design options for complex technical problems with controls and consideration of error and variation.
- Effectively function as a principle investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.
- Demonstrate creative ‘out of the box’ thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Independently responsible for project science within his/her area of expertise on one or more project teams.
- Generate new scientific proposals and lead those efforts.
- Anticipate and critically evaluate scientific or regulatory advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- Be recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
- Be the primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Mentor/supervise a team of one or more and ensure high performing results from their team
- BS or equivalent education and 10+ years of experience; OR MS or equivalent education with 8+ years of experience OR PhD with 6+ years of experience in area or scientific area of discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a principle investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.
- Demonstrate creative ‘out of the box’ thinking to solve difficult technical problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
- Experienced and demonstrated success as primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Demonstrated scientific communication and presentation skills by presenting at leading scientific conferences.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie