Our client are seeking a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer.
As the Senior Software Quality Engineer you will provide expertise and conduct evaluation of software systems validation activities including requirements, design, development, integration, test, verification, and implementation. You will be required to establish methods for monitoring the compliance of software system processes, standards, and procedures. Coaches less experienced colleagues and executes on projects along with other members of the team. This role includes IT/clinical/manufacturing/Quality software and computerized system validation and maintenance. It also requires expertise in software validation as it applies to both Waterfall and an Agile environment.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains standards for Software Quality methods, processes and procedures which meet regulatory requirements.
- Acts as an effective team member providing independent review and guidance on deliverables used to develop, implement and maintain IT/clinical/manufacturing/quality software.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on software validation to guide/ coach/ train project teams on effective and efficient implementation of software validation processes.
- Demonstrate mastery of the software validation processes (examples include GSM, Spreadsheet Validation).
- Must possess a fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, methods, tools, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Works with the management to understand priorities and plans/provides input to resource and time allocation accordingly.
- Plays key role in providing full guidance and direction on acceptability of Software Quality and Validation deliverables. Demonstrate the ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a validation strategy to ensure compliance.
- Guides implementation of enterprise systems solutions through planning, system integration, and verification and validation activities.
- Proactive involvement in continuous improvement activities while ensuring that Boston Scientifics’ software systems are defensible for regulatory requirements.
- Contributes to the development, review and / or approval of SOPs and supporting Work Instructions.
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around concepts of Software verification and validation activities
- Communicates the value of the Software Quality process at Boston Scientific and champions departmental or cross-functional software validation initiatives. Ensures buy-in from project team members to the disciplines, decisions and practices of the Software Validation.
- Provides structured Quality Assurance activities and metrics to promote efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Assures that appropriate resources(personnel, tools, tce.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Bachelor’s level degree (240 credits) in Science/Engineering/Software discipline.
- 6 years of related experience, including 3+ years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance and validation.
- People Leadership experience is a preference.
- Working knowledge of regional and international quality system requirements including 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, CFR Part 11 for Medical Devices
- Must have good understanding of quality system requirements and how each quality system element connects
- Some experience in working with ‘Agile’ software development and validation methodologies
- Some experience/knowledge of work management and testing tools (such as JIRA, Xray, qTest)
- Experience working with a diverse population of internal and external customers
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
- Experience managing projects and project deliverables to completion
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work without ambiguity
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney
091 706 717