We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join my clients technical software engineering team in Tullamore to lead the development of our global scale web applications.
This is a Full Stack role where you will not only focus on building Java based customer applications and management services but will also work to improve the underlying Cloud infrastructure and data layers, promoting a microservices approach to software product development to build highly impactful applications that go above and beyond our customers challenging requirements.
This is a vital role in our product development process, and the ideal candidate will have senior level experience operating within an Agile team environment, developing large-scale, multi-instance web applications, and will be responsible for providing thought leadership and mentoring to the team, leading through their actions every day.
- Design, implement, and test web-scale software in Java
- Build microservices to provide product features for customers or to enhance the management services that drive the application offering
- Build highly scalable applications on Cloud infrastructure to leverage autoscaling and serverless technology
- Implement automated CI/CD pipelines to enable the rapid delivery across a globally deployed multi-instance architecture
- Provide thought leadership within the team on development practices, technology, problem-solving, and SDLC.
- Mentor junior team members and facilitate skills development and transfer
- Stay up-to-date with new tools and technologies and facilitate their introduction
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate development activities
- Actively participate in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- 5-6 years production development experience delivering enterprise solutions at scale, incorporating Java, Spring, AngularJS, and Microservices
- Experience with messaging frameworks (Kafka, ActiveMQ or similar technology)
- Familiar with TDD approaches and best practices
- DevOps experience with AWS and Docker, Swarm/Kubernetes is beneficial
- Experience of multi-instance architecture and associated CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins experience is highly advantageous
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams/Slack
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially written and verbal communications and a proactive ability to work with local colleagues and remote teams
- Expert SDLC knowledge
- Analytical approach to solving complex issues
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
For further information on this position please contact Gillian Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call me directly for a confidential chat on 0906478104