Senior Software Engineer
- Act as a senior developer on the Ireland based Correspondence team acting as the liaison between India and U.S. based teams.
- Design Correspondence using the Tango+ Design tool.
- Design and development data services, XML conversion code, and SQL extraction code.
- Work as part of a global, cross-functional team to develop innovative software for stakeholders.
- Contribute to projects by creating well-designed, customized, testable, efficient code for platforms.
- Assist our teams in providing ongoing support, troubleshooting, improvements, or custom enhancements to existing platforms.
- Participate in on-call rotations and/or provide after-hours support.
- Collaborate with our global teams, internal stakeholders and customers.
- Act as a subject matter expert for junior team members.
- Assist or lead in defining the requirements for custom-built software projects.
Skills Experience and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of software development and relevant industry experience or 5+ years of software development experience.
- Undergraduate degree in technology, business, finance, accounting or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Relevant industry certifications (examples: MCSD, CSSLP) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working in the insurance industry and framework preferred.
- Mastery of one or more industry platforms or similar work experience.
- Ability to develop software in C#, VB.net, Java, or similar languages.
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL, PL/SQL, and relational database concepts.
- Demonstrated expertise with software engineering tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc) and methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, etc).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Office.
- Excellent work ethic. Ability to work and travel independently. Demonstrated strategic thinking skills.
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills. Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional, global team.
- Awareness of advanced technical concepts (examples: design patterns, SOA, SDLC).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org