Senior Software Engineer – Batch Control
- Work as part of a global, cross-functional team to develop innovative software
- Contribute to projects by creating well-designed, customized, testable, efficient code
- Assist our teams in providing ongoing support, troubleshooting, improvements, or custom enhancements to existing platforms.
- Occasionally participate in on-call rotations and/or provide after-hours support.
- Act as a subject matter expert for junior team members.
- Assist or lead in defining the requirements for custom built software projects.
- Daily review of our non-production nightly cycle with appropriate investigation of root cause and impact
- Communications and escalation of non-production cycle issues
- Identify and implement improvements to the cycle with the long term plan of running the entire cycle in under 2 hours
- Refine and improve processes for movement of scripts thru the regions (Dev -> QA -> UAT -> Prod)
- Refine and improve processes and documentation within the nightly batch job scheduler – error checking / restart ability / documentation on restarts – reruns – force completes / documentation on impact
- Identify process improvements for cycle validation, transaction error threshold settings
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of software development and relevant industry experience or 5+ years of software development experience.
- Undergraduate degree in technology, business, finance, accounting or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Relevant industry certifications (examples: Oracle Certified Associate/Professional) preferred.
- Proven track record and ability to develop software solutions in Oracle, SQL Server, UNIX, C#, VB.net, Java, or similar languages
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, SQL performance tuning, and relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of UNIX shell scripting, UNIX utilities, bash, ksh.
- Batch Job Scheduler (e.g. Atomic UC4, Control-M), DEVOPS, or production support experience preferred.
- Experience with large databases & data structures, UNIX administration, Web Services, JBoss, Angular JS or Java preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with software engineering tools and methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, etc).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org