- Reference: CJ47300
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
One of the leading US Tech Startups in California is setting up a Finance team here in Cork – do you want to be part of the initial Cork team and go on an exciting journey as they scale up the operation?
Collins McNicholas Recruitment & HR Services Group have been exclusively retained to support this global leader in putting together a team of self-starters who enjoy working in a dynamic and ever evolving environment. Some of their current customer base include the likes of Netflix, Sony, eBay, McDonalds and Microsoft to name but a few. If you have an inquisitive mind and a good sense of humour (your favourite joke at the ready for interview!), then please read on….
We are currently looking to speak with those who are interested in a progressive Senior Revenue Accountant position. In this role you will be hands-on throughout the revenue cycle from quote review through to revenue recognition.
Overview of the main responsibilities:
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper accounting entries are made in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards
- Key contributor in the monthly and quarterly revenue close process; prepare revenue and deferred revenue analyses and related journal entries
- As a subject matter expert, partner with cross-functional business partners such as sales, service operations, legal, and product teams, in respect to a variety of company initiatives (e.g. sales deal structure, new product introduction, system enhancement, and process improvement)
- Help design, implement, and monitor key revenue related processes and controls
- Participate in ad hoc projects
What a suitable profile looks like for this role:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a similar role (public company experience is a plus)
- A strong desire to learn, an inquisitive mind, and a sense of humour
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience applying multiple element software revenue accounting guidance (ASC 605 and a basic understanding of ASC 606)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Big 4 public accounting experience and a CPA qualified an advantage but not essential
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!
- Michael O'Brien
- Principal Consultant & Commercial Team Lead
- 021 4911064
- Connect with MichaelLinkedINEmail