Senior Research and Development Engineer
My Client, A Large medical device company in Galway are hiring a Senior R&D Engineer to join their team. The Senior R&D Engineer will lead and be an integral part of a team developing their extensive portfolio of platform delivery system products. This position requires a candidate with significant product development experience in the medical device arena- If you are interested contact me today to hear more.
- Level 8 engineering, science or equivalent degree.
- 5 to 8 year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment with a proven track record of leading teams in device development.
- Experience in coordinating and leading Design Reviews and the compilation of associated documentation.
- Leading the team to carry out actions in accordance with the project plan and deliver projects through key milestone phases and associated activities.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 & FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Design Control requirements.
- Proven experience of minimally invasive Medical Device design, development and manufacturing.
- Proven experience in leading teams performing FMEA’s, verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes. Knowledge and experience with Medical Device sterilisation processes, specifically gamma and EtO sterilisation.
- Proven experience of work with catheter technology, catheter design and testing and catheter manufacturing a distinct advantage.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE, SPC, and using Minitab.
- 3D modelling experience.
- Working knowledge of biocompatible metal and/or polymer materials.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the required activities and deliverables from each of the development phases.
- Availability to participate in limited travelling to meet with customers to conduct scheduled reviews.
Excellent Salary & Benefits.
For a confidential discussion and more information on this role, please contact Nicola Walsh.